Beets and walnuts are the perfect companions in this easy side dish.
- One bunch beets (5-6 medium beets)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel beets if desired, and dice into small cubes
- Drizzle with olive oil and roast until soft, about 25 minutes
- Stir together roasted beets, chopped walnuts, red wine vinegar, and chopped dill
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Can be eaten warm, or prepared ahead and served chilled
Did you know?
Beets and Swiss chard are actually the same species of plant, but have been cultivated for different purposes. Therefore, greens from your beets can be reserved and used as you would Swiss chard or spinach.